Wednesday, July 13, 2011

:)) running again

Yea!! After my whole week off, I am back to running again! So far, so good! I am still running minimalist shoes before I transition back to VFFs and then barefoot,after my injuries. Maybe I should go straight to barefoot,but I am trying go gradual and smart.
Since I am back on the road again, after a solid week of heavy duty core work,I have noticed renewed strength as I run.So funny today to read an article on "What is the most important muscle to strengthen as a runner ?"

No, not your calves...even as a bf runner...but your CORE! It is true!! Strong consistent core strength empowers your running.  You do have to be consistent,tho. And, I don't mean sit ups. I mean hard core pilates,yoga ,ballet core work. The best overall training DVD for this I have found is "The Bar Method,Dancer's Body" DVD. It gives perfect core strength, develops balance and strengthens back muscles to really kick in and support strength in your running. But, you have to keep at it!!This DVD is especially great for woman runners who do not want to develop heavy muscle. It really sculpts your body!! I am 54 and I could really notice a difference!!
So, my week off of running turned out to be a blessing in more ways than one. My core strength really girded up the healing process and made my back on the road experience that much stronger!!
So far 18.3 miles this week!! I am still training for a 1/2 marathon...so here I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment