Saturday, June 8, 2013

Forward ever forward~

I know I know-2 posts in one week!!! Don't get used to it!!
As my recovery week has progressed I have mulled over many things this week. This is not a marathon post -whew-you say! No not even a running post. You know- I really can not stand people that make those football analogies all the time-so I will try really hard not to make too many running analogies.
Many personal issues have led me to this post. Since some I can not refer to because they involve other people, even family members, I will keep it generic.
I work really hard at not prescribing to the idea that age is a factor in the success of most things that a person accomplishes. There are multiple examples of this throughout history.

However there is an area where age plays a vital role. That is in attitude and perseverance.
Age is a definite asset if you learn how to move forward from the past.

At some point in a person's life they have to take responsibility for their day to day existence.
Now I know there are defining factors involved; some of them physical. However the average healthy person must take responsibility for who they really are.
I could get way off track here in many directions but I will try to keep it simple.
Take a step FORWARD.

You may not be an athlete, a scholar , a business person or even healthy.
But the only thing stopping you from spiraling upward is you .
No matter what your age or station in life, you may choose to step forward.

Many life experiences have taught me this. This is not something ever achieved. It is always a process. Move forward and leave the rest behind. I am not talking about hurting people or leaving them behind, although sometimes that is necessary for your own health.
Moving forward is a process. If you don't have a goal-create one. Keep it small-keep it simple but move forward.
If you are 82 and can walk-walk around the block. Get outside. Smell fresh air. Listen to the birds. Look at the clouds. Be thankful that you can move forward.
If you are a runner and you stop to walk -be thankful and enjoy your surroundings. Be thankful you are in this place.
Yoga has taught me to inhale and exhale and relax with where I am. That goes against my nature. What a great gift is has been though. It is ok to be in this place today.

Tomorrow move forward and leave the rest behind.

We are all different. Each one of us is a unique creation. We have different strengths and weaknesses. Our bodies are different. Our life experiences are different. Those experiences have created who we are today. There is no strength in being better or stronger than the person next to you. Only strength in being the best you can be as you move forward.

Make a choice to move forward in your life.
Fear is an excuse to keep you in your comfort zone.
The next accomplishment is one more step outside that comfort zone.

Don't wait to seize the day.Live your life moving forward.

Carpe Diem



No comments:

Post a Comment